What Personal Information Do We Collect?
In addition to other information, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal information including your name, email address, residential address, telephone number and password (if applicable) as well as identity documents to verify the personal information.
- Financial information such as annual earnings, savings, personal loans and your KiwiSaver balance.
- YouOwn related information such as a favourite list, transaction history and marketing preferences.
- Written, email or phone communications you have with us.
- Online information, including details of your browser, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to the Website.
- Other additional information required from time to time.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We will collect:
- Any communication with us either directly, via phone or email.
- Information obtained by or submitted to us by you through your use (or prospective use) of the Website and Services.
We may supplement the information provided to us with information we receive from third parties.
How Is Your Personal Information Used?
We may use the information collected from you for a number of purposes relating to our business, which includes:
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues.
- Providing information to any financial institutions for the purpose of assessing the suitability of the Services for you.
- Monitoring, developing and administering the Website.
- Performing the Services and any assistance required in connection with the Services.
- Satisfying obligations between you and us arising from any contracts.
- Providing you with information about our Services or new opportunities that we think may interest you.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in respect of our role as provider of the Services.
- Enabling us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
Personal information may be disclosed to other parties and service providers we use to assist us in improving our Website, services and online profile.
We may also disclose any of the personal information we hold:
- for the purposes for which the information was collected;
- with your express consent;
- for any purpose which is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993;
- in relation to any proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
- where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a request by a law enforcement agency.
How Do We Store Your Personal Information?
The information that we collect may be stored in New Zealand and overseas. Your personal information may be stored in our electronic database and/or in print form.
Your personal information will be kept in order to satisfy our purposes. In such cases we must comply with any relevant legislation and regulations.
Your personal information will be kept secure using generally accepted standards of security.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer for the purpose of collecting non-personal visitor behaviour information and information about your operating system, domain name and IP address.
For example, cookies are used to store your preferences and settings, help you to sign in, combat fraud and analyse site operations. The information is for the purpose of understanding your interactions with the Website, which enable us to improve your online experience. The information collected is anonymous.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- To request access to your personal information.
- To request a correction to your personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal information.
- To object to the processing of your personal information.
- To request a restriction on the processing of your personal information.
- To request a transfer of your personal information to you or a third party.
- To withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
If at any time you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us at email@example.com or Nigel Spratt, Director, Level 11, 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
Please let us know:
- your name;
- email address;
- phone number; and
along with a brief description of your request.
You may also request us to stop sending messages at any time, by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.